careers_logoAre You, Your Family & Your New Home Covered?

It’s time to get the right protection in place.

Mortgage Protection

We all need to be financially protected from a sudden illness, disability, redundancy or death.

We can help you choose the correct type of insurance, because protecting yourself can be a great benefit if the worst were to happen. We offer the following types of protection;

  • Life Cover – There are two types of Life Cover: Decreasing Term or Level Term . Decreasing Term will decrease over the same term, and along side the mortgage and cover you for the full sum of your mortgage. Level Term will pay out the full amount that you are covered for, regardless of how far into your mortgage term you are. This is paid in a lump sum.
  • Critical Illness Cover – This provides a financial cushion, should you be unfortunate enough to be diagnosed with a critical illness or suffer other medical issues and be unable to work. The number of illnesses covered on the policy can vary depending on the provider. You can combine Life Cover and Critical Illness Cover.
  • Income Protection – This provides you with a monthly benefit, should you be unable to work due to accident or illness. This can help cover your mortgage payments and other household bills.
  • Unemployment Cover – This type of cover provides you with a monthly benefit if you are unfortunate enough to be made redundant through no fault of your own.

Buildings and Contents

Once you have exchanged contracts on your new home, you’re legally bound to purchase the property, therefore you need to adequately protect your new home against flood, fire, theft etc.

We are able to offer you highly competitive quotes on your Buildings and Contents Insurance through our network of leading UK insurers. We offer the following types of cover:

  • Buildings Insurance – It is a legal requirement to have buildings insurance on a mortgaged property. This covers you for rebuild costs if you are unfortunate enough to experience damage caused by fire, floods or other unforeseen circumstances (subject to policy terms).
  • Contents Insurance – This will cover your personal belongings and possessions against damage, theft or loss (subject to policy terms).
  • Help To Buy – If you purchase your property using the Help To Buy scheme, there are additional requirements which we will automatically take care of for you, saving you the time, stress and giving you total peace of mind.

At Safeguard, we will take care of the whole process, including ensuring your solicitor receives copies of your important insurance documents prior to legal completion, saving you the time and effort.

Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

For mortgages, we can charge a fee of £295, commission from the lender or a combination of both.